The living room is a central and very important part of a home. It’s where you entertain guests, where you unwind after a long day, and where those important family moments occur. Choosing carpet flooring for this room is a great choice and for many reasons. Carpet comes in an endless amount of colors and textures and offers the cozy feel your living room needs. If you’re leaning toward this option, here are five reasons surely to completely convince you.
1. Easy maintenance. Carpet can last for many years as long it is properly cared for, which isn’t hard to do, especially compared to other flooring options. Most carpeting requires vacuuming at least once a week and a thorough deep clean at least once a year – minimal care in the grand scheme of things. Most carpets are also available with stain- and odor-resistant properties, surely to be helpful with inevitable accidents due to the room’s heavy traffic.
2. Temperature control. Carpet also has its practical benefits. It serves as insulation, keeping the room warm in the winter and cool in the summertime. Not only does this ensure year-round comfort, it also helps reduce your utility costs.
3. Softness. Because carpeting is made from fabric, it is naturally softer than other floors. It feels good to walk on and doesn’t scratch when furniture is moved on it. It is also the perfect option if you have small children who take the occasional tumble or pets that like to stretch out on the floor. This softness will make your living room feel highly comfortable and cozy for all who use it.
4. Cost. Carpeting is cheaper than other popular living room floor choices, such as hardwood. The installation process is also quicker and easier. With the proper cleaning, as stated above, it will last for many years to come, making it well worth the investment.
5. Versatility. No matter what your living room’s design scheme is, carpet comes in many designs, patterns, and textures to perfectly fit your vision. You can choose carpet with longer fibers to control the softness or with custom patterns to achieve a specific look. Carpet also comes in a wide variety of materials, some of which include nylon, polyester, acrylic, and wool, each offering specific benefits to meet your needs.
Carpet is an excellent choice for a living room. It offers a homey feel, is easy to maintain, and is affordable. At Pittsburgh Flooring Company, there is a wide selection of carpets to choose from and trained professionals to help you choose your best fit. Get started and call them today at (412) 564-4105.